Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Sun-kissed", tropical island, palm trees, beach sunset painting

SOLD"Sun-kissed", 10x8, oil on canvas panel

Lately, I have been feeling as though my artistic journey was stagnated. I couldn't see any progress in my work and felt as though I had reached a plateau in my painting ability. With that in mind, I knew I needed some help and a change in my approach to painting. So today I took a class with award-winning, nationally recognized artist and illustrator, Ron Sanders. Ron really helped me approach this little painting in a brand new way. He helped me look at composition, values, color and brushwork in ways I had not considered or understood before. I feel I am going to make a breakthrough , if I continue to focus more on these critically important aspects of a successful painting. I am very pleased with the way this came out, as I feel it shows definite improvement over my most recent landscapes. I am looking forward to learning more from Ron, and building upon what I am learning!

Note: I worked on this until almost 10PM and need to try to photograph it tomorrow in better lighting. Hopefully, I'll still like it in the morning light!

No comments: