Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Birchrunville Springhouse", 8x10

SOLD


"Birchrunville Springhouse", 8x10, oil on wrapped canvas

I took a photo of this old springhouse a couple years back, after a trip back to Chester Springs, Pennsylvania. The dappled light across the springhouse and road was pretty stunning that day and that was what I sought to capture in this quick little study. The springhouse was just up the road from the old Birchrunville cafe and post office, and close to route 100. If anyone knows the exact road, just send me an email. It was north of Hollow Road, if I remember correctly. A dog was barking at us as we took the photo , so I didn't wish to loiter too long!

Here's my reference photo of the scene:




, , , , , ,, , .
, , , , , ,, , ,,, ,.

2 comments:

Karla said...

This is such a lovely painting. Love the shadow play on the springhouse and your thick juicy paints!

Anonymous said...

You make that scene SING....color sense and strokes are fantastic.