Friday, December 06, 2013

"The Good Book", 12x16, oil on board, books, gardens, simple pleasures, ladies in hats, garden settings, Impressionist art

SOLD
"The Good Book", 12x16, oil on board
(Note: "The Good Book" received an honorable mention in the Venice Art Center's 2013 portrait and figurative exhibit.)

Thought I'd revisit this scene of a photo of myself taken a couple years back and try a larger version of it. I've painted it a couple times before in small formats, and I thought it might be fun to try it again. (Note: all of the smaller versions are sold, but you can check them out here, here and here.)

Many have forgotten the joy of a good book in these hectic modern times that we live in.Technology seems to be stealing those simple pleasures from us, as our lives become increasingly filled with the monotony of keeping up with voicemails, emails, Facebook and Twitter. My good friend Diana recently commented that his scene draws us into it, and also takes us back to the way things were. She went on to say that, "Its nice to see her without a cell phone, a kindle or an ipad on the table. "

I confess that I don't own any of those things. Oh, and I still collect beautiful bookmarks!

Thanks for looking and have a good weekend.

"The Good Book" is available through Gallery 444.

No comments: