Sunday, November 02, 2014

"Early Morning Snowfall", 6x6, oil on board

"Early Morning Snowfall", 6x6, oil on board

It's that time of year when I begin to yearn for chestnuts roasting on an open fire and jackfrost nipping at my nose.

Living in Florida during the winter months is wonderful. The temperatures are moderate, the humidity is gone and the skies are nearly always blue! Yet, I cannot help but miss those things that make the holiday season magical- candles glowing in the windows on a wintry night, smoke from chimneys casting billowing shadows up into the crisp clean air, and red ribbons and green wreaths putting a touch of festive color into the grayness of the days.

So I painted this scene to put myself in a holiday spirit- after all- Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I used the beautiful house I used to live in up in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania as my reference photo.

There. I hope that pretty scene will put you into the holiday mood as well!

1 comment:

Paula Campbell said...

Maryanne, I love this! I'm feeling ready for Christmas, too, and this painting is perfect! Enjoy the holidays!