Wednesday, March 29, 2017

"First Light, Rockport Harbor", 12x16, oil on panel, paintings of Rockport Massachusetts, Maryanne JAcobsen art, Rockport harbor, sunrise, baots, clouds

Sold
"First Light, Rockport Harbor", 12x16, oil on panel

My husband and I discovered Cape Ann back in 2011 and have gone back since almost every single year. I think it is my favorite place in the entire world. The light is like no other and there is so much charm in the seaside villages that dot the North Shore peninsula. Over the years it has become home to hundreds , if not thousands of famous painters, who also discovered it's charms and chose to either live there, or escape there.

When we visit there, we have developed a habit of getting up just before sunrise, grabbing some coffee and then head over to Rockport harbor to watch the sunrise. It's always a beautiful sight, and afterwards, we get to watch the fishman loading their boats with bait, as the gulls circle around, waiting for breakfast. Then they head out, to catch the delicious fish that New England is famous for.


I've taken many photos of those sunrises over the years, but this week, I finally decided to use one for for a painting. I'm not sure it captures the actual beauty of the scene, but then again, only the Creator can do that.

If you have any interest in this painting, it is available. Just send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.


No comments: