Tuesday, September 11, 2018

"Island Walkers", 28x16, oil on board, Monhegan Island, misty mornings, morning walk, Maine art, islands in the Atlantic, Maryanne Jacobsen art

"Island Walkers", 28x16, oil on board (Note: If you click on the image you can better see the brushwork.)

This is a painting of well-worn path on Monhegan Island, off the coast of Maine. The island is a special, almost magical place. I've only been there twice, but those visits left me with abundant memories of the island's quirky character  and raw beauty.

This was painted from a photograph that I took one misty, June morning. The lilacs were blooming everywhere and a bed of red tulips drew my attention as the reds stood out vibrantly in the low contrast atmosphere.

Please contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com if you would like more information about the painting.

No comments: