Friday, October 01, 2021

"Church on the Hill", 16x20, oil, St. Matthews Church, Chester Springs, Pennsylvania landscapes, autumn landscapes, fall foliage, Maryanne Jacobsen original art, Chester County Pennsylvania, church on the hill


 "Church on the Hill", 16x20, oil.

Something about the fall is so very special, at least for me!

Although I live in Florida now, where there is little change from season to season, I spent much of my life living in beautiful Pennsylvania, where the seasons are all dramatically different.

It's now October, 2021, and although things have been difficult for myself and many others over the past year and a half, I take enormous comfort in my memories in these times where uncertainty seems to rule the day and our lives.

My memories of fall are rich, filled with pumpkin carving, smells of cinnamon and spice, warm apple crumbles, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, and well... pumpkin pie! Kicking up leaves, and watching the colors of summer turn from drab to vibrant with  rich russets and golds and everything in between, has been a pastime I will never tire of.

The painting above depicts St. Matthew's Church, in beautiful Chester Springs, Pa. There are two St. Matthews churches in Chester Springs, but this one sits high on the hill, and the other directly below at the intersection of St. Matthews and Conestoga Rds. They are both beautiful in their own way, but in the fall, the one on the hill is gloriously flanked by trees and foliage arrayed in all of autumn's splendor.

I am happy to be able to depict some of these rich memories on canvas. It is a blessing to be able to paint!

This painting is available. If you would like purchase  information please feel free to contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

No comments: