Saturday, October 30, 2021

"Along the Way", 8x10, oil on panel, red-roof barn, farmland, serene paintings, little gems, country scenes, I-phone magic, taking photos in the car


 "Along the Way", 8x10, oil on panel

I discovered something recently. These darned I-phones take pretty good photos at high speeds!

When I am visiting a scenic area, I could stop at every bend and take a photo, always thinking of a potential painting. My husband, while pretty cooperative most of the time, can grow pretty impatient with me when we are in the car and I am wanting him to stop every couple miles.

So recently I tried an experiment. What if I just take pictures while he's driving?

It seemed like a pretty far-fetched idea, but I decided to try it nonetheless. What could it hurt?

As it turned out, the phone takes pretty nice pictures at high speeds. (no, he didn't slow down!) Here's the photo I took through the windshield while he was driving:


So all I had to do was straighten and crop and Voila! A decent reference photo!

Just don't do this while driving!!!!!

Can you believe how unbearably beautiful that sky was?

I will probably do a larger version of this scene, and attempt to paint the sky that lusciously gorgeous blue!

"Along the Way" is available for purchase. Please contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com for pricing info.


No comments: