Thursday, February 03, 2022

"Dappled Forest", 11x14, oil on masonite panel, Brandywine river, dappled forest, light and shadow, impressionist paintings. paintings of trees


 "Dappled Forest",11x14, oil on masonite

A few years ago, during a trip to Pennsylvania, I took a walk along the Brandywine River. The morning light was dappled along the path and into the trees along the river. I took a picture of the scene because it was so beautiful.

Yesterday, I painted it. I remember there was someone fishing along the river that day. I hope I can find the picture of the fisherman, because I would like to try to repaint the scene with the fisherman in it.

This was an experimental painting. I started out by shut throwing a lotto big shapes on the panel to see if I could find my way back into the scene. I think I did. So now I'll try a bigger one, hopefully with a fisherman in it.

If you would like to purchase this painting , it is on special this week for only $200. Use this link to purchase directly from my website. 

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: