Thursday, January 27, 2022

"Printemps", 6x8, oil on panel, women in hats, springtime, expressive portraits, little gems, portraits of women


 "Printemps", 6x8, oil on panel

I will always be an old-fashioned girl at heart. I have always loved things that reflect timeless beauty, history, charm, and a simple way of life. So I am of course attracted to things of the past. 

I think it would have been amazing to live during the Roaring Twenties, when fashion was influenced by the Jazz Era or the Great Gatsby era as told through F. Scott Fitzgerald. I also love the Victorian age and the 40's and.... oh I could just go on and on. The fashion of today is just not fashion at all!

Anyway, I digress. This little tiny painting is all about a romantic era. The girl's dreamy eyes are thinking perhaps of a lost love, or a husband at war. 

All I know is that she is sad, but still beautiful.

I enjoy painting little small portraits because I think they can be more expressive when they are done quickly, as this one was.

I named the painting "Printemps", which means springtime in French.

Thanks for checking out my blog. Check out more of my paintings at my website here.


No comments: