Saturday, November 18, 2023

"Old Bard playing his Kobza", 11x14, oil on linen, Ukraine, Paintings of Ukrainian people, old bard, Kobza, Ukrainian guitar, portraits of people, musician



 "Old Bard playing his Kobza", 11x14, oil on linen

I painted this one years ago, and put it away, because I didn't like it. Yesterday, I took it out and looked at it, and realized it was actually a lovely painting that just needed a little tender , loving care. So I re-worked some passages and decided to call it done.

A Kobza, is a Ukrainian guitar, similar to a lute. With the Ukrainian war still  in full swing after all this time, I thought it would be apropos to post this painting, reflecting the culture and costume of the Ukrainian people.

This painting is available for sale through my website at https://maryannejacobsenfineart.com


No comments: