Monday, December 18, 2023

"The Carolers", 8x8, oil on panel, Christmas carols, children in snow, old-fashioned Christmas, singing carols, snow, holiday, a Christmas carol


 "The Carolers", 8x8, oil on panel

I have always loved all things old-fashioned and poignant. I am not a fan of modern clothes, music, hairstyles or furniture. I love anything that makes me feel nostalgic about the past, because the past was a simpler time. 

No computers, cell phones or electric cars. No hustle and bustle on crowded streets with garish lights. People stayed home at night and mothers knitted, children played music or did homework, and little girls learned how to crochet.

I don't think many people go caroling anymore. Especially children. It's not safe and kids would probably rather stay home and play with their electronic gadgets.

I know. I sound like a cynic. Perhaps I am.

Anyway, I wanted to get into the Christmas spirit, so I painted this yesterday. It is offered on my website for $200, plus shipping. Please click this link, if you would like to purchase it.

No comments: