Tuesday, January 09, 2024

"Another Degas Moment", 11x14, oil , paintings of dancers, ballet, dance art, after the show, afterglow, ballerina painting, the life of a dancer, tutu



 "Another Degas Moment", 11x14, oil 

I had painted this same scene about ten years ago, and decided to have another go at it. This was the result.

I remember that warm, wonderful glow that myself and my dancers felt after a successful performance. At West Chester Ballet Theatre, the company danced different ballets each year, with the exception of the Nutcracker which was an annual event and treat.

When you get a standing ovation at the end of a show, you know that all that hard work was worth it! Knowing you did your very best, and the audience loved it, lets the dancer know  it's time to rest those weary feet.

Those were special years when I was Artistic Director of West Chester Ballet Theatre, and these many years later, I still stay in contact with many of my students and their families.

Email me at maryannejcaobsen@aol.com, if you have any interest in this painting.

No comments: