Monday, July 08, 2024

"Springhouse and Forsythia", 12x16, oil on panel, plein air, plein air, Chester County Pennsylvania, country road, springhouse, first signs of spring, Chester Springs

"Springhouse and Forsythia", 12x16, oil on panel, plein air

I painted this one early spring morning on Miller Road in Chester Springs, Pa. The forsythia is one of the first signs of spring in Pennsylvania, and its yellow blossoms made a cheerful contrast against the still leafless trees, that marched like soldiers up the hill.

As I was painting the scene, an antique horse-drawn carriage full of people waved cheerily as they went by, and then I saw a red fox make a quick appearance on the road before scurrying into the shadows.

It was a wonderful day to paint outdoors, especially since I was in my old hometown on a beloved old road.

Tis painting is available. Send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com for price info.

No comments: