Wednesday, July 17, 2024

"Sunshine on my Shoulder", 12x16, oil, portrait study, models in outdoor lighting, dappled light redhead, relaxation


 "Sunshine on my Shoulder", 12x16, oil

I loved the dappled light on the model's face in this outdoor setting, so that was the purpose of this 2 hour portrait study. I have only painted this kind of light on a face one other time, on my painting of Renaissance Child.

It's a little tricky to do, and I'm amazed that I pulled it off as well as I did in "Renaissance Child", because I was very new to painting when I painted her.



At any rate, I find these quick, non-fuss portraits very relaxing for some reason. I recall, talking to friend Tony D'Amico one time. He told me that he found sketching his amazing architectural renderings of New York City buildings very relaxing. I remarked that I would find that tortuous. 

I guess we artists all have different ways of relaxing!

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please also visit my website at https://maryannejacobsenfineart.com


No comments: