Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Bodacious Gossips", 12x12, oil on wrapped canvas

SOLD
"Bodacious Gossips", 12x12, oil on wrapped canvas

I wanted to take part in this fundraising challenge to help the Japanese people who have lost everything in the recent multi-faceted disaster. As I have watched in horror over the past week, I have felt so blessed to be in my own beautiful home in southwest Florida, where all signs of the winter's harshness are long gone in my colorful garden. So I am donating my gossiping flowers in their happy pots to this cause, with a low starting bid of only $50 to the Daily Paintworks challenge to help Japan.

Here's how you can get involved! Please follow this link to the Daily Paintworks site, and browse the sale starting at 1:00 pm on Saturday, March 19th, and bid on a painting (including mine above) during the week's in-house auction. 100% of sales will go to a relief charity. If you win an auction, you'll not only be getting a painting to enjoy, you'll also be helping folks in very great need.

I am honored to be able to take part in this challenge to help Japan. Thank you Keiko Tanabe and the team of Daily Paintworks for making this challenge possible.

I will be donating the total final price for this painting to the American Red Cross Society.

If you are an artist, please consider contributing a painting on the broad theme of "home". Click here for more information.


1 comment:

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

I just love this painting and the title!