Monday, March 21, 2011

Dog Day Afternoon, paintings of dogs, beach umbrellas, the Gulf of Mexico

Sold

"Dog Day Afternoon", oil on linen

This is another painting that sold through the wonderful folks at Collectors Gallery and Framery in downtown Venice. I painted it about a year ago and right before the horrendous oil disaster struck on the Gulf of Mexico. I have been reading over the weekend that there are rumors that the so-called capped Deepwater Horizon well is leaking again. I certainly hope it is not true. There are way too many disasters hitting the planet these days, and I can only hope and pray that the Japanese disaster will be the last for awhile!

Speaking of which, if you have not checked out all the fabulous paintings at The Daily Paintworks' Challenge for Japan, please do so! Last I looked, about 150 paintings were being auctioned off for the benefit of the Japanese tsunami victims, including my own enty , "Bodacious Gossips". It's a wonderful opportunity to purchase an original work of art, while also supporting a very worthwhile cause! You can read more about my own entry here.

I have not been painting much lately. I lost my beautiful mother to brain cancer on the day of the Japanese earthquake. I believe that she is definitely now at peace and in a better place. I hope to resume my daily painting soon. Thanks for reading.

No comments: