Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Tuesday's at O'Leary's Tiki Bar", 12x16, oil, plein air, paintings of Florida, Tiki bar, O"Leary's Sarasota

SOLD


"Tuesday's at O'Leary's Tiki Bar", 12x16, oil on gessoboard, plein air
Note: This painting rec'd an honorable mention at the Venice Art Center's Spring Member's show.

I spent most of the afternoon at O'Leary's Tiki Bar and Grill in Sarasota. Now lest you get the wrong idea, I was painting, not drinking!

Twas another cold, windy day, which is why I tried to find the least windy spot on the bayfront to paint. Kids played ball in front of me, people came by and took pictures of me painting and one  inebriated fella tried to get a date with me.

When I got home I tried to pick some of the sand flies out of the paint, but after a while I gave up. I figured it's like having pepper with your salad- it adds a little flavor.

Here was the scene at O'leary's when I started:

 I wish that they had left the umbrella up as I liked it better that way, but it was undoubtedly too windy to allow it.

Please email me at maryannejacobsen@com, if you would like to purchase a piece of Leary's Tiki Bar, at Sarasota's Bayfront-complete with sandflies added at no extra charge.

Update:  "Tuesday's at O'Leary's Tiki Bar" received a merit award at The Venice Art Center's "Art of Everyday Living" exhibit. Reception Friday 5PM, April12th

Sold through Collector's Gallery in downtown Venice.


No comments: