Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crystal blue persuasian", 8x10, oil on linen, paintings of blue flowers, hydranges, crystal vase, wedding bouquets, blue, apple, red, white and blue

SOLD
"Crystal Blue Persuasion", 8x10, oil on linen -

I've noticed that nowadays when young ladies get married, they all seem to pick the latest trendy colors for their bridesmaid's gowns and their flowers. Sage and chocolate and black and ivory are all wonderful colors for weddings. But I guess I am an old-fashioned girl, because i must confess that I'll always love baby blue.

I watch "Dancing with the Stars" pretty regularly and last week I was taken with how lovely Nancy Grace looked in a baby blue gown, dancing a waltz to "Moon River". Now no matter what you think of Nancy ( I happen to admire her tremendously for stepping out of her comfort zone to do DWTS), you have got to admit that the look of that soft blue gown on her, softened her look tremendously.



So maybe young ladies don't want to look soft and feminine anymore. I just don't know. All I know as I still love old fashioned blue and English cottage gardens, and mounds of hydrangeas and crystal. What about you?


In the meantime, I am off to go listen to some oldies, which includes the 60's hit, Crystal Blue Persuasion, which inspired the title of the painting. The song is by Tommy James and the Shondells, and I found an interesting interview with James about the meaning of the song. The song has a light ethereal quality to it, and although many people thought it was about drugs, it is actually about James having become a Christian and an image he had of a crystal blue lake, which was straight of the Book of Revelations, Chapter 19. You can read the interview here, and listen to the track here.


, , , , ,,,,,

1 comment:

painting and mixed media daily painting said...

Love everything about this one, well done