Monday, October 10, 2011

"Thank Heaven for little Girls", 12x16, oil on linen by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Thank Heaven for Little Girls", 12x16, oil on linen by Maryanne Jacobsen

I went back to this today when I was feeling fresher and worked on some passages that I knew needed work. I could almost hear Maurice Chevalier singing in my ear as I signed this one, hence the new title.

I painted this on a sheet of linen that comes in a pad and I guess I should have stretched it first. I am hoping that when it is completely dry, I'll be able to stretch it without any problem. Since I've always used pre-stretched canvas or linen before, I'd appreciate any tips you all can give me!

, , , , , ,, >,, , .,.

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

I really like how you evolved the background. The eye goes directly to your lovely figure. Well done Maryanne.