Saturday, October 22, 2011

"Fish Beach Road-Monhegan Island", 20x16, award-winning paintings by Maryanne Jacobsen

"Fish Beach Road-Monhegan Island", 20x16, oil on board

It's been a bit of a difficult week, what with my back injury, stress from painting a large commission with a very short deadline, and the passing of two friends yesterday. So I was happy to hear the good news today that I had won a second place award for my painting of Monhegan Island's Fish Beach Road in The Englewood Art Center's "Memory Lane" Exhibit. The Englewood Art Center is a division of The Ringling College of Art and Design.

Thanks to juror Judy Malbuisson for her nice comments about the painting: "Wonderful use of glowing colors. Good perspective and brush technique." Judy is the Executive Director of the Arts and Humanities Council of Charlotte County.





, , , , , ,, , ,,, .

2 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Congratulations! I really like your Monhegan painting. It really carries the wonderful light that exists there. Sorry your week has been so bad... Thank goodness for a bit of good news.

mike rooney studios said...

i really like the monhegan painting.was just there myself. one of your best!