Sunday, May 29, 2022

Farmhouse Morning, 8x10, oil, Amish country, Honey Brook, Pennsylvania, farmhouse, morning light


 "Farmhouse Morning", 8x10

Bck in the fall, we took a trip to Amish country in Pennsylvania. We stayed at an organic farm, and the owner introduced us to all his chickens, roosters, goats, cows and ponies.

We had an awesome week and the farmhouse was especially rustic and cozy. I so enjoyed sitting on the porch in the morning, having my coffee, and watching the hens and roosters come up on the porch and walk around.

There was also a kitten who lived under the porch that became my best friend after I gave him half of my tuna salad lunch.



It took me a while to get together the nerve to paint the porch scene. There was a lot going on with the light and shadows, the stone walls and perspective and I was a little intimidated by it.

But I knew it was a good composition and so I set my mind to painting it, and this is how it turned out.

Overall, I was happy with it, but think it would be even better in a larger format. We shall see if I attempt that or not.

This painting is available through PayPal for $250.00. Just use this link to my website  in order to purchase. 

Thanks for visiting my blog. See more of my paintings at my website.

No comments: