Friday, May 27, 2022

The Lake House, 8x10, oil on panel, plein air, Lake Glenville, Cashiers North Carolina, mountain retreats, paintings of lakes, Cashiers art, Lake Glenville paintings


 The Lake House, 8x10, oil on panel, plein air

The second day of my little mini vacation at Lake Glenville  arrived once again overcast, foggy and threatening rain.

Although we had hoped to hike to some waterfalls, we decided that under the circumstances, it was probably not a great plan since some of the hikes involved treks down into chasms with slippery rocks and such. So the morning was spent painting a floral from a bouquet of snapdragons that I purchased at the Farmer's Market in Cashiers.

The afternoon weather was unfortunately the same as the morning with threat of rain increasing. We had an outstanding lunch of homemade black bean burgers and fresh fruit at Cornucopia Restaurant in Cashiers, and after returning back to our Airbnb, I decided to have another go at the gorgeous lake scene I had painted the day before.

This time I decided to change the composition a little by inserting a bit of the neighboring house.

Overall, I felt more confident the second day, and realized that I just need to get outside and paint and my confidence and abilities will return!

I painted in many competitive Paint-outs over the years and it is sad that I wasted 2 years as a result of fear of more skin cancer and other stuff that is somewhat preventable with a little caution.

Here was the scene from the porch as I painted it.


I loved the fact that porch was covered, and I could paint to my heart's content without myself or the painting getting drizzled on!

"The Lake House" is available for purchase for only $99, through my website. Please click here to purchase.

Thanks for visiting my blog!


No comments: