Friday, May 27, 2022

View From the Porch, 8x10, oil , paintings of lakes, water view, plein air, small paintings, all prima, Lake Glenville, North Carolina art, Cashiers art, mountains and lakes

View From the Porch, 8x10, oil (Note: you can click on the image to see it better.)


When we decided to go to Cashiers for a mini vacation, I was uncertain whether or not to bring my paints. It was a short trip, after all, and sometimes it's not worth it to schlep all the paints and stuff. But I had bought a small Plein Air cigar box easel over 2 years ago, and when Covid began, and had yet to use it!

Between being isolated through Covid lockdowns, a new and serious bout with skin cancer, and a bunch of other annoying things, I simply stopped painting outdoors.

Unsure if I would ever paint en plein air again, I packed my gear after 2 years of not painting outdoors and we headed up to the North Carolina mountains. 

As it turned out, our AirBnb lake house was just the inspiration that I needed to re-ignite my joy in painting outdoors!

The view of Lake Glenville was even better than the description, and although we arrived to overcast weather, my husband and I relished eating our lunch out on the deck overlooking the lake.

After lunch, I took out my new easel, the few brushes and paints I finally decided to bring , and started to paint.

I was sadly out of practice, but had a great deal of fun anyway!



"View from the Porch" is available on my website for $99. Just click here to purchase through PayPal.

Thanks for visiting my blog and return often to see more paintings!

 

No comments: