Saturday, January 21, 2023

"French Shutters", 22x28, oil on canvas, large painting, palette knife art, vivid color, green shutters, French window, flowers on the windowsill


"French Shutters", 22x28, oil on wrapped canvas (available framed for an additional cost)

Bienvenue means welcome in French and this painting welcomes the viewer into a sunlit street in an old village in France, or even Italy. The painting was painted about 10 years ago, when I painted with thick impasto, in the colorist tradition. I first painted the scene as a commission for an Italian Restaurant in New York, and had so much fun painting it, that I painted it again!  The painting has thick, rich textures, and the image does not do it justice. 

If you are interested in "French Shutters", send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com


Thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back again!

No comments: