Saturday, January 28, 2023

"Windy Day at Winterthur", 16x16, oil on wrapped canvas, plein air, special sale, Winterthur Museum, gazebo, autumn, colorist art, impressionism, Du Post family


 "Windy Day at Winterthur", 16x16, oil on wrapped canvas

This painting was painted on location on a very windy autumn day in Wilmington, Delaware, at the beautiful Winterthur Museum, former home of the wealthy DuPont family. I recall it being windy because my easel blew over three times that day!


Below is an image of the brick overlook in Daffodil season. 



My favorite time to paint at Winterthur is in the fall when the colors are incredibly vibrant. 


In keeping with the scene, the colors in the painting are vibrant and warm, and the painting would add a sense of light and energy to any  room! It is being sold unframed, but framing options are available for an additional charge. 



Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you enjoyed the artwork here!


No comments: