Monday, June 08, 2009

"All the way home"

SOLD
"All the Way Home", 24x36, oil on canvas

I always love the joy of going back home after an absence, even if the absence involved a vacation to a beautiful or exotic place. There is something very special about going home, and in this painting I tried to create a path of happiness leading to the ultimate place of peace- home.

John 14: Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I hope the house that God has prepared for me has a wildflower field in front of it!

This painting was a commissioned piece and it is sold. Although I rarely take on commissions, I enjoyed doing this one.

No comments: