Monday, June 15, 2009

Organic Vegetables- a painting of peppers and an avocado

SOLD Organic Vegetables, 12x16, oil on gallery-wrapped canvas

The shape of peppers is quite intriguing as a paint subject. Like people, there are a lot of hollows, valleys and plane changes that occur within a pepper that make for some very interesting paint choices. The deep green of the avocado against the colorful peppers makes for wonderful contrasts! Although this painting is sold, if you would like me to paint something similar for you, please email me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

Also, thanks very much to Magdalene at Gifts of Creation, for nominating me for a blog award! I am very grateful that God has given me the opportunity to create things of beauty for people's enjoyment! Thanks again for the compliment! You can visit Magdalene's blog here, and see more gifts of creation from other artists!

No comments: