Sunday, June 14, 2009

Colle Verde Vineyard-Summer

SOLD"Colle Verde Vineyard-Summer"-24x36, oil on canvas

Back in the spring, I was invited to participate in the Venice Art Center's annual plein air festival.

The evening of the reception I was approached by some people who asked me if I would be interested in doing a satellite exhibit for the art center at some of downtown Venice's business venues. Venice is a lovely tourist town , and I felt very honored to have been asked to do a personal exhibit for the sponsors. Recently, I was informed that my first exhibit in this venue will be at Back Eddy's Bistro, on the island in downtown Venice. On Friday evening the hubby and I had one of the most memorable meals we have had in ages at Back Eddy's. The food was absolutely scrumptious cuisine, (I had the salmon in dill and he had the duck), but the dinner also gave me an opportunity to view the wall space- which is quite expansive, and try to plan on what paintings will be placed on exhibit.



I realized that evening, that I need some BIG pieces! So I immediately started painting on Saturday morning. I painted a new version of "Colle Verde Vineyard" , after a recent award winning painting, only I made it warmer to reflect the summer light in Tuscany.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll probably get up and decide whether or not to include this painting in the exhibit. In the meanwhile, I am enjoying painting on a larger format these days, thanks to a recent commission and this new exhibit venue, and although I have been using tons of paint doing these big pieces, I do love the bigger formats for expressive palette knife work.

Please let me know what you think, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maryanne,
I am so happy to hear you are painting some larger pieces.
I absolutely love this. It may be my favorite! Hard to say . . . hmmm . . . this is wonderful. It sure has that 'Wizard of Oz' feel with those magical colors. It must be so wonderful to imagine something and then put it on canvas. What a gift you have!!!!
~Donna G

B Lancton said...

It seems I see one of your beautiful landscapes and the magic captures my heart, and I think, "This is my favorite," and then I go back to one I've seen before, and no, that one is every bit as strong. I have to face it: your paintings come straight from your soul and they are captivating and beautiful. If I weren't so broke right now I would buy one, but my financial situation isn't forever. I look for your work and I can't wait to see what's next. Your work speaks to my heart and I thank you for making my day. One day something of yours will hang on my wall.