Sunday, June 11, 2017

"Dark Roast with Cherries", 11x14 on Canson oil paper, paintings of roses, impressionism, Maryanne Jacobsen art, cherries, coffee, coffee break, morning coffee

"Dark Roast with Cherries", 11x14 on Canson oil paper

My old computer crashed last week, taking with it the photo editing program that I have used for years. I now am using a MAC, but have no idea how to edit or if the photos of my paintings look the way they are supposed to or not! This image looks dark to me, but I don't know how it looks to others! Very frustrating.

Anyhow, this painting was a nice break for me to do before I start a couple commissions next week. I love painting flowers and especially roses, and the Canson art paper is so much fun to paint on! Unfortunately, it's a little trickier to frame, but it can be done. I think this painting would look great with a linen border and that is probably how I'll frame it.

This painting won a second place Award in The Visual Art Center's "Color" exhibit. Please email me at maryannejacobsen if you have any interest in this work.



No comments: