Friday, June 23, 2017

"Katie's Pitcher", 12x16, oil on panel, yellow ranunculus, oranges, plein air florals, Maryanne Jacobsen art

"Katie's Pitcher", 12x16, oil on panel

This painting was started a year ago in the garden of friend and fellow artist extraordinaire, Katie Dobson Cundiff. Katie would set up floral arrangements in her back yard once a week, and we could come over and paint them. The set-ups were always beautiful, but even more special was the opportunity to watch Katie paint!

I never finished the painting that day, but took it out yesterday and started working on it again. Unfortunately, I didn't have a photo reference, so I had to wing it.

Overall, I was happy with the way it came out.

Feel free to contact me at maryannejacobsen@aol.com, if you have any interest in this work, and do check out my new website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art!

No comments: