Sunday, June 25, 2017

"La Jolla Wildflowers", 9x12, La Jolla California, yellow wildflowers, nasturtiums, plein air study, Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art, impressionism, seascapes, Pacific coast, southern California art



"La Jolla Wildflowers", 9x12

Back in April I spent a couple days in La Jolla, California, one of the prettiest places in the whole country! All the rain that California experienced in January and February paid off , because the wildflowers were blooming everywhere! On the hillsides and the highways and byways of southern California, nasturtiums and purple statice were blooming everywhere in a riot of complimentary colors! Although the San Diego area is always lovely, I had never seen the area so verdant before.

So I took the opportunity to go to La Jolla cove and paint one morning. There was a slight breeze and the temperatures were perfect for painting.


The next week proved to be the beginning of a challenging couple months for me, of which I am still recovering. But I am happy that I had the chance to fit in a fun painting before the  problems started.

The additional good news is that this painting recently won a ribbon at the Venice Art Center's summer exhibit. Special thanks to juror Katie Dobson Cundiff.

If interested in this work, please send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com.

Please check out my new website at Maryanne Jacobsen Fine Art

No comments: