Tuesday, August 22, 2023

"A Summer Song", 12x16, oil on Canson oil paper, roses, white peonies, cup of tea, strawberries, poolside, still life floral, summer memories, a summer song, Chad & Jeremy hit, summer flowers, lazy days


 "A Summer Song", 12x16, oil on Canson oil paper, mounted on a panel

It's almost the end of summer, and that means cooler weather, autumn leaves, pumpkins and... wait. I am getting ahead of myself!

For now, I want to focus on what is left of these warm summer days. I set this arrangement up on a table near our pool, and contemplated the beauty of summer. Those long days produce luscious fruit, gorgeous gardens, and oh so many lazy days for the children!

When I was a student, I used to love summer vacation because it was my big chance to catch up on my favorite books. I was never much for beaches, (except for the fudge that could be procured at every boardwalk in America!), but I loved the slowness of each hot, sweltering day, and the gentle nights filled with fireflies and the strident hum of the crickets.

I painted this for those cold , wintry nights that will be upon us before we know it. The memories of summer are sometimes what helps us through those dark days when it is sometimes hard to get out of bed.

Although I live in Florida now, I truly miss the chill of winter- the frost- the ice- the bone-chilling cold. And yet I also recall the endless drear of February and March- the slush, the coats and gloves, and driving on slippery streets that are unfit for even reindeer.

So if you would like to preserve a bit of summer for the month ahead, "A Summer Song" might be the perfect thing! The painting is available through my website here. Send me an email at maryannejacobsen@aol.com for pricing info.

Thank-you for reading my blog today, and enjoy the rest of summer!


No comments: