Sunday, August 27, 2023

"Superbloom, Lake Elsinore", 12x16, oil on stretched linen, Lake Elsinore, California superbloom, superbloom, poppies


 "Superbloom, Lake Elsinore", 12x16, oil

I was fortunate to visit Lake Elsinore in California, this past spring as the area experienced another beautiful superbloom , as a result of all the rains over the winter months.

The trails were breathtaking with color, and the bright orange poppies made a beautiful compliment with the blue of the lake.

As an artist, I noticed that the light temperature of the area, and California in general,  is much color than that of Florida, and so I found myself adjusting the beautiful blue light, with warmer shadows, and cooler lights.

The family and I had a great time, enjoying the flowers, the beautiful weather and the magnificent scenery.


It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

No comments: