Thursday, August 03, 2023

"Red Lipstick", oil on linen, paintings of young women, women in hats, red lipstick, straw hat and pearls, portrait

SOLD

 "Red Lipstick", oil on linen

I had so much fun painting "La Vie En Rose" a few weeks ago that I decided to paint this cutie again.  

Whereas the first time, I did just a quick sketchy painting, I took more time with this one, and the results are more refined.

My favorite part of the painting? The flowers in the hat of course. It's funny but when you enjoy painting certain subjects, you tend to paint them more than once, and thus you become more and more proficient at that subject. While I'm not proficient by any means in painting flowers, I do paint them often, and for that reason, I saved them for last, knowing that they would be easiest to do when I was tired.

Feel free to leave a comment. I'd love your feedback!


No comments: